From May 27 through June 9, qualifying items related to disaster preparedness are exempt from sales tax. Eligible items include:
- Flashlights and lanterns costing $40 or less
- Reusable ice costing $20 or less
- Radios costing $50 or less
- Tarps and ground anchors or tie down kits costing $100 or less
- Coolers and portable power banks costing $60 or less
- Batteries and fuel tanks costing $50 or less
- Smoke detectors, fire extinguishers and carbon monoxide detectors costing $70 or less
- Generators costing $3,000 or less
The sales tax holiday does not apply to the rental or repair of any of the qualifying items. Additionally, the sales tax holiday does not apply to sales in a theme park, entertainment complex, public lodging establishment or airport.
Spread the word on social media using #DisasterPrep2023 and visit the Hurricane website to learn more.
Originally published at https://www.miamidade.gov/global/news-item.page?Mduid_news=news1558123610069886