High-tech is going to the dogs! Miami-Dade Animal Services’ digital license tag can help get your lost pet home faster and safer.
If someone finds your pet, they will be directed to your pet’s free profile via the unique QR code or web address printed on your tag.
There is an app for that! Just download the PetHub app and you can upload a photo of your dog along with your information. Data can be updated by you at any time.
- You can limit the information viewed by someone scanning your dog’s ID QR code.
- GPS notification capability and interactive map; if someone scans the ID, it pinpoints your pet’s location at the time it was found.
- Enables you to list multiple emergency contacts, such as your pet sitter’s contact information.
License tags are required for all dogs over four months of age and must be renewed annually in conjunction with the rabies vaccination. The digital ID tags use the same numbering system and are similar size/weight to the non-digital existing tags.
License Tag Fees:
- $30 for sterilized dogs, or intact dogs four to 12 months
- $55 for intact dogs (not sterilized)
- $90 for three-year license for sterilized
- $165 three-year license for dogs not sterilized
- $15 for low-income for intact ( not sterilized)
- $5 for low-income sterilized
The digital tags are powered by Pethub and easy to activate.
Originally published at https://www.miamidade.gov/global/news-item.page?Mduid_news=news1506355124389269