March 31, 2023
The City of North Miami is celebrating springtime by hosting a series of free events and even public meetings throughout April. The following are some of the FREE events happening around the city:
- Master Gardner Gerryann Barros will teach families how to grow and care for a garden at the North Miami Public Library, 835 NE 132 ST, North Miami, FL 33161, on Saturday, April 1, 2023, beginning 11:30 am. To register for Springtime Family Gardening, call the library at 305-891-5535.
- Join North Miami Councilman Pierre Frantz Charles and Councilwoman Kassandra Timothe as they present Welcome Springtime on Saturday, April 1, 2023, from 11 am to 2 pm, at the Clyde W. Judson Community Center, 12100 NW 16 Ave, North Miami, FL 33167.
- Spend the weekend with MOCA. On Saturday, April 1, 2023, MOCA will host MOCA Mini Makers from 2 pm to 4pm. The following day, Sunday, April 2, 2023, join MOCA to read ‘Discovering the World of Nature along the Riverbank’ by Petra Bartikova for Sunday Storytime. MOCA is located at 770 NE 125 ST, North Miami, FL 33161.
- Join the North Miami Police Department for a send-off of the Autism Acceptance and Awareness Police Caravan on Monday, April 3, 2023, at 9 am. The caravan will start at the police department, 700 NE 124 ST, North Miami, FL 33161, and travel through multiple cities in Miami-Dade County.
- Spend Teachers Planning Day in the City of North Miami. On Friday, April 7, 2023, bring the kids to the Griffin Community Center, 12220 Griffing Blvd, North Miami, FL 33161, for a Fun Day from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. For details, visit NorthMiamiFL.gov/Calendar.
- Bring family and friends to the annual Spring Egg Hunt on Saturday, April 8, 2023, from 10 am to 12 pm., at Enchanted Forest/Elaine Gordon Park West Shelter, 1725 NE 135 ST, North Miami, FL 33181. Admission fee is $3 and only cash is accepted at the gate.
- Attend MOCA Makers: Growing Native Plants: Victory Garden-inspired Workshop on Saturday, April 8, 2023, from 12:30 pm to 4 pm in the MOCA Paradise Courtyard, 770 NE 125 St, North Miami, FL 33161. For details about MOCA events, visit mocanomi.org.
- Share your ideas with the North Miami Housing and Social Services Department in a Citizens Input Session Workshop for the Annual Action Plan on Wednesday, April 12, 2023, from 6:30 pm – 7:45 pm in the North Miami Council Chambers, 776 NE 125 ST, Second Floor, North Miami, FL 33161.
- Become involved in improving the neighborhood, attend the following town hall meetings: North Miami Vice Mayor Mary Estimé Irvin hosts District 3 Town Hall Meeting on Thursday, April 13, 2023, at Griffin Community Center, 12220 Griffing Blvd, North Miami, FL 33161, from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. North Miami Councilman Pierre Frantz Charles hosts District 4 Town Hall Meeting on Thursday, April 27, 2023, at Joe Celestine Center, 1525 NW 135 ST, North Miami, FL 33167, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- In recognition of Fair Housing Month, North Miami Councilwoman Kassandra Timothe has partnered with the Mortgage Firm to host a free homebuyer event on Saturday, April 15, 2023, at Joe Celestine Community Center, 1525 NW 135 St, Miami, FL 33167, from 10 am to 3 pm.
- Celebrate Earth Day with the City of North Miami by joining North Miami Councilwoman Kassandra Timothe as she hosts an Earth Fair on Saturday, April 22, 2023, from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m., at Enchanted Forest Park, 1725 NE 135 ST, North Miami, FL 33181. Register online at EarthFair.eventbrite.com.
For meeting and event details, visit www.NorthMiamiFL.gov/Calendar.
Traci Y. Pollock, Communications Manager
305-893-6511, Ext. 12151
About the City of North Miami
North Miami is a suburban city located in northeast Miami-Dade County, Florida. It is roughly 10 miles (16 km) north of Miami. The city lies on Biscayne Bay which surrounds the Biscayne Bay Campus of Florida International University. North Miami is home to a diverse demographic of residents. With more than 64,000 residents, North Miami is the sixth largest city in Miami-Dade County. We are home to the Oleta River State Park; the largest urban park in the Florida State Park System and the nationally accredited Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA North Miami).
Originally published at https://www.northmiamifl.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=281