Miami-Dade Parks will host its annual Meet at the Bridge event in celebration of Florida Archeology Month and Arch Creek Park’s 50th year as a designated Florida Archeological site.
The event takes place on Saturday March 11 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Arch Creek Park located at 1855 NE 135 Street in North Miami.
Admission is free. Hot dogs, beverages and snacks will be available for purchase.
You can also enjoy:
- Live music by Eric King and Joel Heinen
- Historical nature walks
- Native plant sale
- Plantings of native coontie
- Classic car and fire truck on display
- Poem reading by Hannah Lasky on the Atala Butterfly
- Presentation by Bob Carr, Executive Director of the Archeological and Historical Conservancy: “3,000 Years of Arch Creek Heritage”
- Presentation by Sandy Koi: “The Atala Butterfly”
Originally published at https://www.miamidade.gov/global/news-item.page?Mduid_news=news1677682411342290