WASHINGTON, D.C. – Today, Congressman Carlos A. Giménez (FL-28) sent a letter to the U.S. Customs and Border Patrol Acting Commissioner Troy Miller to express his continued concern over the Biden Administration’s reckless, open-border policies that continue to wreak havoc in Florida’s 28th Congressional District and communities across the United States. Rep. Gimenez has requested additional information on the October 23, 20 arrest of nineteen Chinese migrants in Key Largo.
Rep. Gimenez demanded more information from Customs and Border Patrol to assess who these individuals are and what threats, if any, they may pose to our homeland. As a Member of the Homeland Security Committee, a top priority for Rep. Gimenez is to protect our border and ensure our national security.
“The arrest of nineteen Chinese nationals in my district is yet another example of the growing trend of Chinese nationals attempting to enter the United States illegally,” said Rep. Gimenez. “The reckless, open-border policies of the Biden Administration have emboldened our adversaries to find ways to exploit our weaknesses and endanger my District and the country at large. In the face of these rising threats, it is imperative that we fully support our Border Patrol Agents so they are prepared to encounter these individuals before they enter the country.”
Below is Rep. Gimenez’s request for additional information:
- What purpose did the group provide for traveling to the United States? How many of the 52,000 Chinese nationals apprehended have requested asylum under 8 USC § 1158?
- What country did they arrive in from China and which country did they set sail from to the Florida Keys?
- Have these nineteen individuals from China presented ties to the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) or to the People’s Liberation Army (PLA)? How many of the 52,000 Chinese nationals apprehended have presented ties to the CCP?
- Where are these individuals currently being held?
- What are their broader intentions in the United States?
- What is CBP doing to track and apprehend nationals from non-Western Hemisphere countries, particularly from adversarial nations?
To read the full letter, CLICK HERE.
To read the NY Post Exclusive, CLICK HERE.